Friday, June 17, 2011

Airborne Angel Cadets. I goofed up.

I ran into Nancy Carter today. Many of you will remember her from the story I wrote over Memorial Day weekend, Airborne Angels.

In the story, I introduced you to Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas, an incredible charity that purchases things for our troops over in Afghanistan and Iraq that they cannot get over there--things like body wash, different brands of deodorant, snacks, disposable cameras, underwear and t-shirts, Tylenol and Advil, allergy OTC medication and much more.

Not only does Nancy and her charity round this stuff up, but they also ship it as well.

In the piece I wrote entitled "Airborne Angels," I made reference to the Airborne Angel Cadets badge on the side of this blog underneath the "Worthy organizations and causes to join, support or donate to" header, and indicated that readers could simply click on it to be taken directly to the donation/support page of Airborne Angels' web site.

I'm an idiot. A computer idiot.

Nancy thanked me for the post and was very grateful for the donations that were sent in from the folks moved enough to look up the website and then find the donation page--after I dropped the ball with trying to put the link in.

So let's try this again.

I've fixed the link under the "Worthy organizations" sidebar of this blog, and anyone who would like to donate any amount to this godsend of an organization for our troops serving over in Sandland can also click here:



Here is where it will go and what it will do.



Again, on behalf of Nancy, her volunteers and especially the troops overseas they support, your donations are very much appreciated.

No comments: