Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Are you smarter than a politician?

This is an interesting 33-question test to take to see how much you know about America, our Constitution and Declaration, economics, and history as they all pertain to our nation and our history.

One fact at the end of the test that I found both interesting and discouraging was that the citizenry knows more about our country, economics, the Constitution and our history than do our elected officials.

THAT in and of itself is very telling.

Here is the test:

Full Civics Literacy Exam

At the end of the test in the "results" box, there will be sentence that reads:

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

Click on the "table" link to be taken to the results and comparisons between ordinary citizens and our elected dumb asses.

Seeing those scores explains a helluva lot as to what is wrong with our country today.

Go ahead. Take the test. I scored an 84.85% which puts me WAY up on the elected officials pool.

Don't worry. I have less than zero interest in running for office.

4 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

29x33 for 87.88%

RVN11B said...

Did the same here. A couple of those economics questions I have a small issue with.

Then again the last economics class I had was back in the sixties.

Old NFO said...

30 of 33... sigh...

SciFiJim said...

90.91 %

Two of the three I missed, I was bouncing between the right answer and the one I gave. I should have known them.
The subject of the Lincoln-Douglas debates I legitimately didn't know.